Jiva Workshop Content
Jiva workshops are designed to:
- help students make rational and thoughtful career decisions for the immediate future.
as well as…
- aquire skills for life-long, self-mediation of the labour market.
This is accomplished through a Four-Step model called the Jiva Career Discovery Path:
The Career Discovery Path
Discover personal potentials through:
- Aptitude Tests
- Interest Inventories
- Guided Introspection
- Academic History
Understanding the World of Work
Skills to interrogate a career before making a choice:
- Courses and Streams
- New careers
- Identifying 3 to 4 careers matched to one’s potentials
- Making back up plans
Matching career alternatives with preparation tasks:
- Plotting educational and career paths and identifying milestones for the next 4 to 5 years
- Identifying specific preparation activities (e.g., entrance exams, portfolio, work experience, job shadowing)
- Jiva assesses both interest and aptitude.
- Our method blends qualitative and quantitative data to build a specific potential profile for each individual.
- All techniques are culturally validated
- all psychometric inventories and tests are statistically standardised and normed for the Indian context.
- Participants are introduced to a wide range of careers, courses, subject streams, institutions, entrance procedures and eligibility criteria.
- Attitudes towards work and career beliefs are also discussed.
- Students learn skills to interrogate a career, before they commit to a career path.
- Students learn decision making skills
- They combine information about themselves and the world of work to identify a specific set of careers to explore further.
- The workshop culminates with the student learning to generate and develop a five-year blue print of educational pathways and career milestones.
Students engage with the topics in the Career Discovery Path through a wide variety of interesting activities including games, peer discussions, tests, inventories, group work and time for quiet introspection.
A typical workshop comprises 12 to 15 activities.
- The duration of a typical workshop is about 6 hours.
- This can be delivered in one full working day or broken up into 2 sessions.
- Ideally suited for High School (Grade 10) and Higher Secondary (Grades 11 and 12).
- Content is designed differently each age group keeping in view the career development tasks special to each group.
NUMBER OF STUDENTS
- The group workshop is designed for about 40 students per group.