Types of Workshops
These workshops are conducted at a Jiva Counselling Center.
These are one-on-one workshops where one family and one or more counsellors work together. The workshop is tailored to meet the specific needs of the family. Individualized attention is provided exclusively for one student and his or her family.
- Intensive interactions are held with the parents by the counsellor for about an hour to learn more about the child’s history, accomplishments and inclinations.
- In parallel the student engages with the Jiva Workshop activities.
- The day concludes with a joint session between the family (parents and student) and counsellor to discuss the outcomes of the workshop and jointly draw up a career development blueprint.
- The day’s findings and outcomes are sent to the family in the form of an individualised Career Report.
Small Group Workshops
The workshops are conducted at a Jiva Counselling Center.
These are workshops where small groups of two to three students interact with one or more counsellors. The workshop is tailored to the specific needs of the group. Individualized attention is provided for each student and his or her family.
- The workshop process followed is similar to the Individualised format.
These workshops are conducted at the school or host’s premises.
These are group workshops (usually conducted in schools) where an entire class of 30 to 40 students interact with one or more counsellors. Interactions are also held with the family through a group workshop.
- A combination of various group workshop methods are used including games, peer discussions, tests, inventories, group work and time for quiet introspection. Click here for more information.
Each of the workshops described above can be held in the following formats:
- In-person: Face-to-face interactions at a Jiva Counselling Center or at the host’s premises.
- Virtual: Online interactions whereby the service is delivered across the internet.
- Hybrid: Some of the workshop activities are conducted online (e.g., the aptitude tests) and the rest of the workshop is conducted in the In-person mode.
We will discuss each format in detail with you when you contact us and work out the mode that is most convenient to you.